Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Back by Popular Demand: Nora-isms

- Fire-fires = fireflies

- I can't not... = I cannot... (This is the only time that this English teacher will think a double negative is cute.)

- Me: "Nora, are you excited for Gordon Fest?" (this is a summer party that my aunt, uncle, & cousins host each year)
  Nora: "Yeah! I yike going fast!"

- Mine baby Say-say = Sadie, my good friend's new baby.

- Zadie! = what she says any time she sees the letter Z.

- Nora: "I haffa go potty!"
  Me: "Okay, great! Let's go!"
  Nora: "No, I do it all by myself!"
  Me: "Okay. Tell me if you need help."
  .............
  Nora: "Mommy, you turnna yight on."

- I havva bug in mine tummy = her tummy hurts (or she's pretending that her tummy hurts)

- Nora is a backseat driver.  While driving, I might hear things like:
    "Slow down!" followed by "Go fast!"
    "Why you not moving, Mommy?"
    "Why you stopping? Dere a stop line?" (=stop sign)
    "Where da stop yight, Mommy?"
    "Geen! Go!"
    "Wook! I see-a kwokadonna!" (=Look! I see a crocodile! ... Who knew there were so many crocodiles near us?)

- Or we might have conversations that go something like this:
     Nora: Which way?
     Me: Which way do you think? Right or straight?
     Nora: Dis way!  ...while pointing in one direction or another
and later...
     Nora: Which way?
     Me: We're turning right.
     Nora: NO! Go straight.

 - Upon bedtime:
    Me: We can read one more book.
    Nora: Two mo' books.
    Me: Just one.
    Nora: No, fwee (3) mo' books, Mommy.  Just fwee. I go pick dem out.

-Em-nem-nems: M&Ms

Coming soon (probably): a summer update

Here's a teaser:
Mini golf with Uncle Jimmy

No comments:

Post a Comment