Wednesday, November 9, 2011

To: Baby; Love: the Dog

Dear Baby:
I don't really understand what all of the fuss is about. In the summertime, whenever I would finish chasing rabbits or playing in the lake at Grandma's house, everyone would ask me if I was ready to be a big sister. How am I supposed to know?

Here is what I do know: my parents have moved the guest bed out of my favorite guest bedroom and put it in another room. It is not up as high anymore and so I can't see out the window when I lay on it.  In its place, they have put some kind of wooden contraption that they call a crib. The room is also full of other scary things (I'm afraid of boxes and all things unfamiliar), including something that swings back and forth and a lot of very small clothes that I am not allowed to rub my face in, as I enjoy doing whenever Mom folds the laundry.  There are also some toys in there that I would like to eat.  Some of them rattle and squeak. I'm pretty sure they are my Christmas presents, but you'd think my parents would do a better job keeping them hidden.

They say you are a Baby.  Sometimes they tease me by saying names in a cute way to see how I will respond. Of course I get excited and run to the window, but you are not there.   I am also not allowed to jump onto Mom's lap. I can only sit beside her.

I have heard of these Baby people. In fact, I have met some. I like them and I usually lick their faces because they taste like lotion and milk.  I hope you are a baby and I hope you drop food on the floor like my cousins.  I think I will probably get in trouble, though, for stealing food out of your hands. I'm sorry in advance, but I can't help myself.

Whatever you are, Baby, I hope you get here soon. Please wear that pink lotion and bring treats.
Love,
Zadie

In the baby's room. She doesn't know what's about to hit her.
PS: Her eyes are not usually yellow. I'm just a bad photographer.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, so sweet :) I'm sure they'll be great friends once they get used to one another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Oliver loved Silas when we brought him home (sending someone to the dog with the cap they put on the baby right when she is born will help - Oliver recognized Silas' scent and was cool with him right away). Oliver was constantly trying to snuggle with him (I have some great pictures of it, actually). What your poor puppy doesn't know is that a few months after they become the best of friends that sweet little girl will start crawling...and walking...and chasing... and stealing toys. THEN your poor puppy won't know what hit her. Haha. No worries, though...eventually they will be the best of friends again (Oliver found a whole new level of love when Silas learned to throw his favorite toy and give him treats)... Have fun! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete