in everything give thanks
1 Thessalonians 5:18
In no particular order, I am thankful for...
...our girl. She has brought more love, joy, and laughter into our lives than we ever thought possible. I am even thankful for the times when she is trying to never, ever nap, emptying the kitchen cupboards, and attempting to unroll and eat all of the toilet paper in the house.
...my husband, who, somewhere between morning sickness and middle of the night feedings, assumed the role of Official House Toilet Scrubber. If he only knew that this is now his job forever, he might rethink his decision. I'm never taking it back.
...our wonderful families, who love, teach, and spoil our girl (and love, teach, and spoil us!).
...my amazing friends, who have been patient with me as I have spent the better part of this year learning how to be a mother. I am still learning.
...Zumba. I love it. I'm really bad at it, but I love it.
...this country, and the many rights we have that we often take for granted. I am grateful that we live in a country where we can worship the God we want to worship, educate every child, and vote...even if it doesn't end up the way we wanted, we can give it another shot in four years.
...that I have been able to breastfeed Nora for this long, despite my own frustrations.
...Ryan's stable job, and my ability to be home with Nora while she is growing so fast.
...the fact the my girl is going to grow up in a time where she doesn't have to be a princess to make a difference - and I am going to work really hard to make sure she knows that she is capable, kind, strong, and smart.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
No comments:
Post a Comment